Migrating to the Vitis Embedded Software Development IDE Workshop ✅
✅ indicates CONFIRMED TO RUN
Date: April 25 – 26, 2023 from 9:30am- 1:30pm CEST
In collaboration with Doulos & AMD Xilinx, Core|Vision organizes this free Migrating to the Vitis Embedded Software Development IDE Workshop. This free workshop demonstrates the tools and techniques required for software design and development using the Vitis™ unified software platform.
The emphasis of this course is on:
- Reviewing the basics of using the Vitis platform
- Migrating existing SDK projects to the Vitis platform
Embedded Software 3
2 sessions of 4 hours
Existing embedded developers using Xilinx SDK tools for software development
- C or C++ programming experience, including general debugging techniques
- Conceptual understanding of embedded processing systems as it relates to the Xilinx ecosystem (specifically writing and modifying scripts, user applications, and boot loader operation)
Vitis unified software platform 2021.2
- Architecture: Zynq®UltraScale+™ MPSoC
- Demo board: Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC ZCU104 board
After completing this comprehensive training, you will have the necessary skills to:
- Develop and deploy an application on a Xilinx embedded system using the Vitis unified software platform
- Migrate an existing SDK project to the Vitis platform
Day 1 (CEST timezone)
- 09:30 – 09:35 Introduction
- 09:35 – 10:20 Overview of Embedded Software Development – Overview of the process for building a user application.
- 10:20 – 10:30 Coffee Break
- 10:30 – 11:15 Driving the Vitis Software Development Tool – Introduces the basic behaviors required to drive the Vitis tool to generate a debuggable C/C++ application.
- 11:15 – 11:30 Coffee Break
- 11:30 – 12:30 Migrating from SDK to the Vitis Platform – Overview of migrating existing Xilinx SDK projects to Vitis software development projects
- 12:30 – 12:45 Coffee Break
- 12:45 – 13:30 Standalone Software Platform Development and Coding Support – Covers the various software components, or layers, supplied by Xilinx that aid in the creation of low-level software. Also the basic services (libraries) available.
Day 2 (CEST timezone)
- 09:30 – 10:00 Standalone Software Platform Development Demo
- 10:00 – 10:30 Linux Software Application Development Overview – Highlights important parts of the underlying Linux system as it pertains to applications.
- 10:30 – 10:45 Coffee Break
- 10:45 – 11:15 Building a Linux Application in the Vitis IDE – Reviews the use of the Vitis tool for Linux software development.
- 11:15 – 11:45 System Debugger – Describes the basics of actually running a debugger and illustrates the most commonly used debugging commands.
- 11:45 – 12:00 Coffee Break
- 12:00 – 12:30 Profiling Overview – Introduces the purpose and techniques for profiling a user application.
- 12:30 – 12:45 Coffee Break
- 12:45 – 13:15 Profiling Overview Demo
- 13:15 – 13:30 Debugging Using Cross-Triggering
25 april 2023 - 26 april 2023
Your home office