Migrating from Embedded C to C++
✅ indicates CONFIRMED TO RUN
- Date: Wednesday March 31, 2021
- Duration: 1 hour (with live Q&A)
- Time: 11am – 12pm (CEST)
- Presenter: Dr. David Long
- Cost: Free!
Today the majority of embedded systems are developed using the C programming language, but being a procedural programming language it lacks many of the benefits of an object oriented language such as C++.
This webinar will explore the key features of C++ and show where they provide useful advantages over traditional C approaches while producing code with comparable size and performance. We will take a look at how you can start using these features (with practical examples using the Renesas Synergy™ Platform), as well some common pitfalls and misunderstandings you may encounter when transitioning to C++.
- Encapsulation by classes and namespaces
- Automatic initialization with class constructors
- Function overloading
- Improved reuse with class inheritance and virtual functions
- Safe flexibility with class templates
- Stronger checking by compiler
- Standard library of containers and algorithms
- Integration with existing C code
The Renesas Synergy™ Platform will be used as a demonstration toolset.
Dr David Long, Doulos , Principal Member Technical Staff, will be presenting this training webinar, which will consist of a one-hour session (see below for details) and be interactive with Q&A participation from attendees.
Attendance is free of charge
31 March 2021