Meeting the Challenge of OTA for Embedded Linux Systems
✅ indicates CONFIRMED TO RUN
- Date: Friday, March 24 2023
- Duration: 1 hour (with live Q&A)
- Time: 11am – 12pm (CET)
- Presenter: Simon Goda & Drew Mosleley – Toradex
- Cost: FREE!
In this webinar we look at the challenges of managing the process of updating software on embedded Linux systems remotely – often referred to as an Over The Air or OTA update.
The Webinar will cover:
- The necessity and challenges of updating devices in the field
- Security issues when dealing with remote device updates
- The importance of a robust implementation
- Additional security measures required for OTA
- Adding an OTA mechanism to an embedded Linux build system, like Yocto.
Toradex will demonstrate how this challenge can be solved in a real world example, using the Torizon Platform on hardware featuring NXP i.MX Applications Processors.
- Common OTA features
- Types of OTA – package based, image based
- Challenges of OTA – power-cut tolerance, rollbacks security
- Integrating with a build system
- Open Source solutions for OTA
- A Toradex solution
The webinar will consist of a one-hour session presented by Doulos Senior Member Technical Staff, Simon Goda and Toradex Technical Solutions Architect, Drew Moseley. Live Q&A with experts from Doulos and Toradex will be available throughout the broadcasts.
Simon Goda is a Senior Member Technical Staff based in Bristol, UK.
Drew Moseley – Toradex is a Technical Solutions Architect based in Florida, USA.
Attendance is free of charge
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
24 March 2023