Expert VHDL is an intensive 5-day advanced application class. It teaches engineers how to increase productivity by enhancing their VHDL coding and application skills. Presented in two distinct course modules, Expert VHDL focuses on language and synthesis issues,.design maintainability and re-use, test benches and the latest techniques for verification.– including an introduction to OVL/PSL and modern assertion-based approaches to verification.
- Expert VHDL Design (2 days) is for design engineers wishing to deepen their knowledge of RTL synthesis using VHDL,.and to improve their VHDL coding style with design maintainability and re-use in mind. Design for Verification is also covered with an introduction to modern assertion-based techniques.
- Expert VHDL Verification (3 days) is for design engineers and verification engineers involved in VHDL test bench development.or behavioural modelling for the purpose of functional verification
The modules, which may be attended together or independently, follow on from the industry standard class, Comprehensive VHDL. Carefully designed workshops comprise approximately 50% of teaching time,.and enable engineers to apply their new skills in the context of the latest VHDL design tools, practices and methodologies.
Who should attend?
- Design engineers wishing to improve the efficiency of their hardware designs and increase productivity
- Design and verification engineers who want to structure and write effective test environments to verify complex designs and systems
What will you learn?
- A set of VHDL language features that go beyond what is taught on a basic training class
- A deeper understanding of the VHDL language and how to apply it,.enabling you to troubleshoot VHDL simulation and synthesis problems with ease
- The principles and details of how to approach the problem of design verification using VHDL
- How to structure and write large and complex VHDL test benches
- The principles and details of how to write behavioural models of hardware components in VHDL
- To produce smaller and faster hardware design using VHDL and RTL synthesis tools
- A solid introduction to the topic of behavioural synthesis from VHDL,.enabling you to judge the applicability and effectiveness of behavioural synthesis in your design context
- The details of a VHDL coding style to facilitate code re-use and how to package IP for re-use
- An introduction to IEEE 1076-2007c (VHPI) and the proposed VHDL 2008
This is an advanced language and methodology training class. Prior attendance of the Doulos Comprehensive VHDL class (or equivalent) is required,.and at least 6 months of ‘live’ project experience using VHDL is strongly recommended. Delegates attending the Expert Design module must have knowledge and experience of register transfer level coding and synthesis using VHDL
Doulos training materials are renowned as the most comprehensive and user friendly available. Their style, content and coverage is unique in the HDL training world.and has made them sought after resources in their own right. Class fees include:
- Fully indexed class notes creating a complete reference manual
- Workbook full of practical examples to help you apply your knowledge
- Doulos Golden Reference Guide for language, syntax, semantics and tips
- Tour guides (to support the tools and technologies of your choice).
19 juni 2017 - 23 juni 2017
60 Xilinx Training Credits
Registratie op aanvraag, neem contact op met ons.