DSP Design Using System Generator
Explore the System Generator tool and gain the expertise needed to develop advanced, low-cost DSP designs.This course focuses on:
- Implementing DSP functions using System Generator for DSP
- Utilizing design implementation tools
- Verifying through hardware co-simulation
System engineers, system designers, logic designers, and experienced hardware engineers interested in DSP design training who are implementing DSP algorithms using the MathWorks MATLAB® and Simulink® software and want to use Xilinx System Generator for DSP design
- Experience with the MATLAB and Simulink software
- Basic understanding of sampling theory
- Vivado® System Edition 2018.3
- Model Composer
- MATLAB with Simulink software R2018a
- Architecture: 7 series FPGAs*
- Demo board: Kintex®-7 FPGA KC705 board or Kintex UltraScale™ FPGA KCU105 board and Zynq®-7000 SoC ZC702 or ZedBoard*
* Check with your local Authorized Training Provider for the specifics of the in-class lab board or other customizations. The ZC702 or ZedBoard is required for the “AXI4-Lite Interface Synthesis” lab.
After completing this comprehensive training, you will know how to:
- Describe the System Generator design flow for implementing DSP functions
- Identify Xilinx FPGA capabilities and implement a design from algorithm concept to hardware simulation
- List various low-level and high-level functional blocks available in System Generator
- Run hardware co-simulation
- Identify the high-level blocks available for FIR and FFT designs
- Implement multi-rate systems in System Generator
- Integrate System Generator models into the Vivado IDE
- Design a processor-controllable interface using System Generator for DSP
- Generate IPs from C-based design sources for use in the System Generator environment
- Introduction to System Generator
- Simulink Software Basics
- Lab 1: Using the Simulink Software
- Basic Xilinx Design Capture
- Demo: System Generator Gateway Blocks
- Lab 2: Getting Started with Xilinx System Generator
- Signal Routing
- Lab 3: Signal Routing
- Implementing System Control
- Lab 4: Implementing System Control
- Multi-Rate Systems
- Lab 5: Designing a MAC-based FIR
- Filter Design
- Lab 6: Designing a FIR Filter Using the FIR Compiler Block
- System Generator, Vivado Design Suite, and Vivado HLS Integration
- Lab 7: System Generator and Vivado IDE Integration
- Kintex-7 FPGA DSP Platforms
- Lab 8: System Generator and Vivado HLS Tool Integration
- Lab 9: AXI-4 Lite Interface Synthesis
- Introduction to Model Composer▪
- Demo: Introduction to Model Composer▪
- [OPTIONAL]: Importing C/C++ Code to Model Composer
- [OPTIONAL]: Automatic Code Generation Using Model Composer
- [OPTIONAL]: Lab 10: Model Composer and Vivado IDE Integration
- Lab 1: Using the Simulink Software – Learn how to use Simulink toolbox blocks and design a system. Understand the effect sampling rate.
- Lab 2: Getting Started with Xilinx System Generator – Illustrates a DSP48-based design. Perform hardware co-simulation verification targeting a Xilinx evaluation board.
- Lab 3: Signal Routing ‐ Design padding and unpadding logic by using signal routing blocks.
- Lab 4: Implementing System Control – Design an address generator circuit by using blocks and Mcode.
- Lab 5: Designing a MAC-based FIR – Using a bottom-up approach, design a MAC-based bandpass FIR filter and verify through hardware co-simulation by using a Xilinx evaluation board.
- Lab 6: Designing a FIR Filter Using the FIR Compiler Block or DAFIR Block – Design a bandpass FIR filter by using the FIR Compiler block to demonstrate increased productivity. Verify the design through hardware co-simulation by using a Xilinx evaluation board.
- Lab 7: System Generator and Vivado IDE Integration – Embed System Generator models into the Vivado IDE.
- Lab 8: System Generator and Vivado HLS Tool Integration – Generate IP from a C-based design to use with System Generator.
- Lab 9: AXI4-Lite Interface Synthesis – Package a System Generator for DSP design with an AXI4-Lite interface and integrate this packaged IP into a Zynq All Programmable SoC processor system.
- Lab 10:Model Composer and Vivado IDE Integration-Embed a Model Composer model into the Vivado IDE.
27 februari 2020 - 28 februari 2020
18 Xilinx Training Credits
Registratie op aanvraag, neem contact op met ons.