Designing with UltraScale FPGA Transceivers
Learn how to employ serial transceivers in your UltraScale™ FPGA design. Understand and utilize the features of the serial transceiver blocks, such as 8B/10B and 64B/66B encoding, channel bonding, clock correction, and comma detection. Additional topics include use of the UltraScale FPGAs Transceiver Wizard, synthesis and implementation considerations, board design as it relates to the transceivers, and test and debugging. This course combines lectures with practical hands-on labs.
FPGA designers and logic designers
- Verilog or VHDL experience or the Designing with Verilog or Designing with VHDL course
- Familiarity with logic design (state machines and synchronous design)
- Basic knowledge of FPGA architecture and Xilinx implementation tools is helpful
- Familiarity with serial I/O basics and high-speed serial I/O standards is also helpful
- Vivado® System Edition 2015.3
- Mentor Graphics QuestaSim simulator 10.4
- Architecture: UltraScale FPGAs
- Demo board: None
After completing this comprehensive training, you will know how to:
- Describe and utilize the ports and attributes of the serial transceiver in 7 series FPGAs
- Effectively utilize the following features of the gigabit transceivers:
- 64B/66B and other encoding/decoding, comma detection, clock correction, and channel bonding
- Pre-emphasis and linear equalization
- Use the UltraScale FPGAs Transceivers Wizard to instantiate GT primitives in a design
- Access appropriate reference material for board design issues involving the power supply, reference clocking, and trace design
- Use the IBERT design to verify transceiver links on real hardware
- UltraScale FPGAs Overview
- UltraScale FPGAs Transceivers Overview
- UltraScale FPGAs Transceivers Clocking and Resets
- Transceiver Wizard Overview
- Lab 1: Transceiver Core Generation
- Transceiver Simulation
- Lab 2: Transceiver Simulation
- PCS Layer General Functionality
- PCS Layer Encoding
- Lab 3: 64B/66B Encoding
- Transceiver Implementation
- Lab 4: Transceiver Implementation
- PMA Layer Details
- Transceiver Board Design Considerations
- Transceiver Test and Debugging
- Lab 5: IBERT Design
- Transceiver Application Examples
- Lab 1: Transceiver Core Generation – Use the UltraScale FPGAs Transceivers Wizard to create instantiation templates.
- Lab 2: Transceiver Simulation – Simulate the transceiver IP by using the IP example design.
- Lab 3: 64B/66B Encoding –.Generate a 64B/66B transceiver core by using the UltraScale FPGAs Transceivers Wizard, simulate the design, and analyze the results.
- Lab 4: Transceiver Implementation – Implement the transceiver IP by using the IP example design.
- Lab 5: IBERT Design – Verify transceiver links on real hardware.
15 april 2019 - 16 april 2019
18 Xilinx Training Credits
Registratie op aanvraag, neem contact op met ons.